We are always sad to see a customer leave, but if parting ways is what needs to be done, we have made sure this process is as simple as possible for you.
Below you will be able to see all the information you could need to close your account and what to do if you have credit left over or a debit balance to pay off.
Moving to a new property?
We would like to first congratulate you on moving to a new home!
To close your account, all you need to do is:
- Login to your online account and find the menu. It will be on the left hand-side if you are on desktop, or the three lines if you are on a smaller screen.
- Click "I'm Moving House" section. Fill this information out.
- Click "Meter Readings" section. Enter the meter readings taken from the day and time you are last liable for the energy bills.
- Wait 4-6 weeks and you will see the final bill on the "Bills and Payments" section.
- If a balance is owing you can pay the final bill via the "Make A Payment" section. After you do this you can cancel the Direct Debit to avoid over payment.
- If a credit balance is showing you can expect this to arrive in your bank account within 10 working days. You can still cancel the Direct Debit to avoid over payment.
Switching to a new supplier?
We'll be sad to see you go but we understand it has to be done sometimes!
To close your account and successfully switch supplier, all you need to do is:
- Wait for your new supplier to send us your meter readings, this is their responsibility to do so.
- We should receive this within 4-6 weeks of the switch date and have issued your final bill by then.
- If there is an outstanding balance on the account you will be required to pay this, and then can cancel any active Direct Debit via your bank.
- If the final balance is a credit, this will be refunded to you via bank transfer within 10 working days of the final bill issue date.