If you are moving out:
It is really, really easy to close your account.
- Login to your online account and find the menu. It will be on the left hand-side if you are on desktop, or the hamburger menu (3 lines) if you are on a smaller screen.
- Click "I'm Moving House" section. Fill this information out.
- Click "Meter Readings" section. Enter the meter readings taken from the day and time you are last liable for the energy bills.
- Wait 4-6 weeks and you will see the final bill on the "Bills and Payments" section.
- If a balance is owing you can pay the final bill via the "Make A Payment" section. After you do this you can cancel the Direct Debit to avoid over payment.
- If a credit balance is showing you can expect this to arrive in your bank account within 10 working days. You can still cancel the Direct Debit to avoid over payment.
If you are switching supplier:
- The new supplier will be responsible for sending us the final meter readings, so that we can issue your final bill as soon as possible.
- We should receive this within 4-6 weeks of the switch date and have issued your final bill by then.
- If the final balance is a credit, this will be refunded to you via bank transfer within 10 working days of the final bill issue date.
- If there is an outstanding balance on the account you will be required to pay this, and then can cancel any active Direct Debit via your bank.
- If once you have officially switched away the account balance shows a credit, even before the final bill has been issued, you can cancel the Direct Debit to avoid overpaying.